About WaterTrax & Linko
WaterTrax is a leading software company providing solutions to drinking and wastewater industries. We have two software lines: WaterTrax and Linko Technologies. WaterTrax is a cloud software provider offering a suite of easy-to-use water and wastewater information management and compliance tracking products. Linko offers a range of compliance tracking software solutions for Pretreatment (Source Control), FOG (Fats, Oils and Grease), and Liquid Hauled Waste. Our products enable our customers to manage and access all of their water and wastewater compliance information in one consolidated platform, and ensure regulatory compliance and operational excellence.
As a combined entity, WaterTrax and Linko have a growing client list of more than 400 leading municipalities and senior government agencies that operate or regulate over 4,000 water and wastewater systems across North America.
We are a team of innovative, energetic, and technically savvy individuals from all over the world. We bring our collective talents and enthusiasm to develop our products and to each and every project we take on.
If you want to apply your considerable technical skills on software products that help keep the environment clean and water safe for consumption, and on products that users rely on daily to perform their job effectively, then this position is ideal for you.
Privately held, the company is based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing, documenting, implementing, troubleshooting and maintaining features and enhancements for a high-performance, database-driven web application running in a Windows environment.
- Designing, documenting, implementing and troubleshooting small features and enhancements
- Working as part of the development team on larger features and projects
- Providing maintenance fixes for existing features
- Unit and integration testing
- Managing and enhancing the build and unit test environment
- Strong participation in requirements, design and code reviews
- Providing time estimates for assigned tasks
- Providing timely and accurate status reports on your assigned tasks
- Strong knowledge of web application development, application security issues, web architecture and databases
- A high degree of proficiency in C#, ASP, ASP.NET, .NET Framework, JScript, IIS, TSQL, HTML, XML, XSL, Crystal Reports, Aspose, web services and associated development tools
- Solid understanding of and ability to apply Object Oriented analysis and design
- Experience in using Telerik, Crystal Reports, and Aspose is desirable
- Hands-on experience in mobile app development and design
- Knowledge of SVN, NAnt, and NUnit CruiseControl.Net an advantage
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, self-starter
- Dedicated to learning new skills quickly and independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Strong presentation and planning skills
- Commitment to quality and customer service
Knowledge and Skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- This role is suitable for a software developer with at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Candidate must have Canadian status (citizenship, permanent residence, etc.)
WaterTrax is located in downtown Vancouver and this position offers a competitive salary and benefits. WaterTrax is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications are treated as confidential and will remain on file for six months.